Saturday, December 1, 2018

The Ancient Art of Bowhunting

Here's a past epic just making its way online -- my Virginia Living Magazine feature on the ancient art of Bowhunting.

As with my stories on quilts, hot rods, candy making, and moonshine cooking,  I started off not knowing one whit about archery or hunting wild game with a bow, and ended up fairly fascinated with not only the difficult mechanics of the sport, but also the respectful code of conduct that the hunters shared. These are hardly Ted Nugent-like yahoos just out to kill stuff.

In the end, I'm proud of the results, titled "Me and My Arrow." Read it here at the Virginia Living Magazine website. The article ran in the mag's October 2015 issue, so note that the stats, fees and such were correct up to that time (I never know when they are going to put these up, folks).


The photos are by the mighty Adam Ewing! I mean it, Adam. You scored a bullseye here.Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment