Monday, December 31, 2018

Sarah White: High Flyer

“When you’re around for 20 years,” singer-songwriter Sarah White says, humbled, “I guess you do have some fans out there.”

White successfully crowd funded her new album, High Flyer, through Kickstarter. It came with some trepidation. "All my life, I’ve never liked asking for help. I like for people to think I’ve got my [act] together all the time. I don’t, of course, but I didn’t want to beg.”

The resulting 11-song disc, praised by Rolling Stone. and featuring an appearance by Dave Matthews, is a landscape of both familiar and uncharted territory for the soulful performer, a Central Virginia mainstay who has leapfrogged from folk to lo-fi pop to indie-rock to country in her troubadour’s journey.

Read my profile of Sarah White by going to the Virginia Living Magazine website.

And for more on Sarah White and High Flyer, go here.

(Photo courtesy Sarah White)

No comments:

Post a Comment