Monday, August 31, 2020

The Eyes Have It

Don't wait for symptoms, the experts say: When you reach the age of 40, get a comprehensive eye exam.  

When I was approached about writing a piece on getting your eyes examined, I thought my Richmond Magazine editor needed his head examined. But then I realized that my own eyes were getting a bit, uh, squinty, and that this was information that I needed to know. And if I needed to know it, so did others.

It turns out that the American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends an exam by an ophthalmologist every two to four years for people age 40 to 54 with no risk factors, and every one to three years for those aged 55-64 who have no risk factors. And there are many reasons why. 

Hopefully, you can read the article just find. See "The Eyes Have It" right here.

(Illustration: Invincible_bulldog via GettyImages)


No comments:

Post a Comment